Academies at Adams 14
As part of Adams 14 strategic plan , the Academies at Adams 14 were created to prepare all students for college, career, and beyond with opportunities to earn industry certificates, network with business partners, earn college credit, and receive hands-on instruction within a focused industry sector.
The academy model creates an integrated partnership between students, teachers, and the business community, providing relevant, equitable, personalized, and real-world learning experiences. Students have the opportunity to participate in internships, job shadowing, mentorships, off-campus programs, and more with leading business partners in our region.
All incoming 9th grade students at Adams City High School enroll in one of four “schools within a school” based on their area of interest. Within each school, students explore a focus area of study designed to provide students with a four-year course of study to prepare them and introduce them to a rewarding career post-graduation and/or future college major.
Lester Arnold High School at Discovery Academy is a small community of learners in grades 9–12 who are looking for additional flexibility in learning delivery or school environment. LAHS provides an inclusive learning environment characterized by individualized attention, care, and persistence.
- What are Academies?
- What will the Academies look like at Adams City High School?
- Why does this program work?
- How will this affect the classes that my student will take in high school?
- My student has an IEP or 504 plan. How will this affect things?
- How will my student select their Academy?
- What if my student has not decided what type of career they would like to pursue?
- What if my student changes their mind about which Academy they would like to be enrolled in?
- Will my student’s high school still offer athletics, extracurricular clubs, activities, and electives (encore) over the course of the four years?
- How can I learn more about the Academies?